Who are PPL?
As a leading licensing business at the heart of the UK’s music industry, PPL ensures those who invest their time, talent and money to make recorded music are compensated and recognised when their music is used by businesses or broadcast on TV, radio or online.
PPL – PROJECT REMIX
PPL are embarking on a large scale transformation programme to build upon and enhance the IT systems which support the services we provide to our record company and performer members.
The key objective of the change team is to ensure that PPL is equipped to transform, that our processes are optimised and that our people are engaged, competent and confident to work in the new ways, creating the foundation for a sustainable future.
What you’ll be doing…
The Solution Architect role sits within the Architecture & Design team in the IT department and reports to the Technical design manager. The role is responsible for defining solution architecture across a blend of in-house bespoke solutions and off-the-shelf packages, and helping to shape the longer term strategic architecture for PPL. Some key aspects of the role include:
• To support the development of technology roadmaps for core systems that support PPL’s strategic objectives
• To understand key business processes and consider approaches to delivering the required capabilities, including identifying and assessing new technologies
• To provide design assurance to solutions developed within IT and across the wider business and facilitate the resolution of design issues
• To lead the evaluation of alternative technologies and assess their feasibility and benefits to PPL
• To support the planning and resourcing process for development projects
The role will involve working closely with business and technical analysts and developers across the IT department to ensure solutions adhere to the design and meet the business’ needs. The role also involves working with process owners across PPL to understand key priorities and assess technology solutions.
External contact will be with technology vendors and third party providers of hosting services and software development.
What you’ll need…
To be successful in this role you will have be educated to a minimum of a degree level.
What we have to offer…
When you come on board at PPL you can expect to be rewarded for your hard work. Employees are entitled to a wide range of benefits which support their needs and lifestyles including Private Medical Care, Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and many more!