Broadcast Licensing Advisor
Permanent, Full Time
Who are PPL?
As a leading licensing business at the heart of the UK’s music industry, PPL ensures those who invest their time, talent and money to make recorded music are compensated and recognised when their music is used by businesses or broadcast on TV, radio or online. Based in Soho our committed, passionate and dynamic culture will embrace your career with PPL as you help support our business as we deliver to our customers.
To find out a little more here’s a video… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF9IHeYiQ5s
What you’ll be doing…
The Broadcast Licensing Advisor supports the Broadcast Licensing team in maximising broadcast revenue and by ensuring that all radio stations, TV channels and new media services using PPL and VPL repertoire are issued with an appropriate licence.
The role involves issuing standard licences for broadcast services, dealing with ad hoc queries, research and analysis, monitoring potential licensees’ use of PPL and VPL repertoire with our third party providers, working with internal departments such as our Legal and Business Affairs and Finance teams and the day to day management of the PPL Video Store with outsourced partner Vanderquest.
This is an exciting and interesting entry level role for candidates looking to build a career within the music and media industry with scope to attend industry events. We’ll provide full training along with fantastic career progression opportunities for the successful candidate.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building and managing working relationships with designated licensees within a defined account portfolio.
- Processing application forms provided by radio, TV and online services requiring a PPL and/or VPL licence.
- Answering phone and e-mail enquiries regarding licensing requirements for a broad variety of broadcast services on standard licence terms.
- Proactively researching, identifying, monitoring and contacting unlicensed radio, TV and online services that require a PPL and/or VPL licence, and liaising with our Legal and Business Affairs team to enforce PPL and/or VPL’s rights where necessary.
- Dealing with music clearance issues raised by broadcasters and producers.
- Providing research and analysis to inform commercial negotiations as required by the team.
- Day to day management of the PPL Video Store with our outsourced partner Vanderquest.
What you’ll need…
We’re looking for someone who is ambitious and passionate about building a career in the music industry. Previous experience is not essential. You’ll need to demonstrate a strong enthusiasm for working with major music broadcasters along with having excellent relationship building skills. You’ll need to have hunger to learn and grow. An interest in copyright law would be a strong advantage.
You will need to be able to manage ad hoc initiatives and pieces of work under supervision of the Senior Broadcast Licensing Executive and other more senior team members.
What we can offer you…
We offer our employees a fun and highly spirited working environment with great people to work with. If you have the hunger to learn and grow, and provide first class customer service to ensure we deliver the best services then you’re set for good things with PPL.
We offer a range of benefits at PPL such as:
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- A wide range of internal training and induction programmes
- Excellent pension scheme and various discounts on gym memberships etc.
- Weekly Fruit Baskets
- £120 Music Benefit annual claim reimbursement
- Season Ticket Loan
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Monthly Social Events
- Give as You Earn Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Eye Sight Test
If you feel you have the right skills and are up for the challenge then we would love to hear from you.
Please apply with your CV, stating salary expectations.